Tajweed is the art of reciting the Qur’an correctly and beautifully; it is essential for every person who recites the Qur’an even if just in salah. Our recitation in salah is directly addressed to Allah (SWT) and it is a pity that so many people make severe mistakes in it because of a lack of implementation of tajweed rules. This course is for beginners introducing the basic rules of tajweed, and elementary training under the teacher. This course will ensure that students recite their short surahs correctly and get them started on applying the rules of tajweed as they read the Qur’anic text.
This course moves on from our primer course (Beginners Qur’an and Arabic) – where students learn how to read and write Arabic. Based on our experience, students after learning the basics of reading and writing Arabic, find it difficult to read full verses fluently and proficiently (even before the rules of Tajweed is introduced). Thus, this courses tackles this issue of fluent reading, and will work on the fluency of the students, while simultaneously working on each tajweed rule
Following are the objectives of the courses:
- Practical reading: – to be able to read verses of the Qur’an with good pronunciation and a good level of fluency. This entails implementing the following: accuracy of vowels (i.e. stretch and no stretch), shaddah, and fluent reading.
- Tajweed Rules with many examples.:- To learn the basic rules (theory and practical) of the following:
- Nun Mushaddad and Meem Mushaddad
- Basic waqf
- Basic Madd
- Nun Sakin and Tanweed rules: Izhaar, Ikhfaa, Idghaam and Iqlab
- Meem Sakin
- ‘Laam’ of Allah
- Memorisation: – To memorise 20 surahs of the Qur’an (Teen-Nass & Fatiha) with full tajweed (listen & repeat method).
Add a note